Friday, June 10, 2016

Review: Uncle Albert's Traditional English Fish and Chips

Hello again readers...

A couple of weekends ago hubby and I went to Straits Quay for his photoshooting but I ended up admiring the pool mansions. Yeah, just found out there's a row of gorgeous supersize bungalows at seafront with wading pool. The jogging path in between the sea and houses are open to public...I guess.

Nautical themed restaurant puts you into the ocean vibe. Not sure how authentic is the fish and chips here. Like BBQ Chicken, I highly doubt this comes from England.


When we were outside, we thought this looks like an Aussie restaurant.

Have a look at the menu. I ordered catch of the day (RM27) to see what this restaurant has to offer. Hubby ordered roasted chicken leg (RM29).

Set lunch for just RM25++

There's an elevated stage on the left for large group of guests.

Walls covered with interesting enlarged newspaper cutting posters.

The chicken and gravy is too salty but other than that no complains. I especially compliment on their effort on preparing the side dishes. The carrots are sweet and juicy, soft peas are perfectly sauteed with onions the way I like it, herbed potatoes are tenderly baked and I presume those beside the chicken is the stuffing. Most outlets will only boil frozen mixed vege, lay a piece of lettuce and some fries.

After hubby almost finish his meal, I was still waiting for my catch. Apparently the waitress forgot to key in my order. Total waiting time for this was 38minutes. 30 minutes wasted from the time or order till I remind the waitress. Then wait another 8 minutes to fry the fish. Anyway, the fish had a crispy batter and soft thick white fish inside.

The fish is so white and almost transparent at some area that we doubt its a dory fish. Later I found out from another source it is indeed dory fish. Didn't expect it so be so cheapo. My dish was garnished with chips and purple cabbage salad in homemade tartar sauce.

Hubby chose this restaurant for dinner coz they advertised at the entrance that CIMB card holders are entitled for a discount but the waitress returned saying their credit card machine is nonoperational wtf. Later on I found online that the offer ended since December 2014. Good gracious if it ended can't you remove the banner? As usual I will ask myself will I come again? A firm NO!

Address: 3A-G-9, Straits Quay, Jalan Seri Tanjung Pinang, Tanjung Tokong, 10470 Penang.
Contact: 04-8903407
Business hours: 11am - 11pm daily
Halal

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertisement and links allowed in comment.