Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Review: BBQ Chicken Restaurant

Hello foodies!

Recently we noticed a newly open outlet called BBQ Chicken at Tesco E-Gate, my 2nd home where I shop for groceries regularly.

You know now it's all about Kpop, hipster cafe and fusion food so why not give this a try.

The interior has a young and casual vibe to it with EDM music in the background. It ain't a large cafe but rather a small corner just opposite the escalator.

The story goes back to 1995. Why I never heard of BBQ Chicken outlet before?

Highly doubt this restaurant originally comes from Korea coz it looks Malaysianize.

The menu looks appetizing.

Breakfast is served Monday to Friday typically from 10am till 12pm.

Signature item in this cafe...but I thought it's supposed to be barbecue chicken.

Besides fried, you can also find grilled chicken here. The only dish that has BBQ is the Jerk BBQ.

I wanted to order this pasta coz it looks damn interesting but I'm not a huge fan of bread or buns so it's better not to waste it.

Korean pancake is a must for me whenever I enter a Korean restaurant. At first we ordered pajeon but the waitress returned to say it was out of stock hence we ordered kimchijeon.

I chatted for about 40 minutes with hubby hoping he would forget about time coz he's gonna be so furious as I'm the one who dragged him into this restaurant. Then finally my pineapple fried rice arrived.

Hubby tried their grilled chicken rice. The chicken is very tender, has a black pepper taste and its no wonder chicken is their expertise.

The kimchijeon was too oily for our liking. You know the nauseous feeling when you pop in something too oily in your mouth. The kimchi aroma ain't strong enough that hubby said my home cook kimchijeon tastes better.

Food took too long to arrive so thumbs down.

The pineapple rice is just normal. This restaurant is fully halal so it does not serve soju. The usual question is will I come again? Nope! But if you want to try it's up to you.

Address: 1-G-4, Tesco Penang, No. 1, Lebuh Tengku Kudin 1, Bandar Jelutong, 11700 Penang.
Contact: 04-6558252
Business hours: 9.30am – 10.30pm daily
Halal

2 comments:

No advertisement and links allowed in comment.