Friday, September 18, 2015

Recipe: One ingredient Dulce de leche

Dulce de leche is caramel made out of milk and sugar unlike the traditional caramel. The taste is mind-blowing.

Type: Dessert sauce
Servings:as much as you like
Storage: A month in the fridge
Category: Halal

Ingredients
1 can of condensed milk
(I used Gold Coin Kopi & Teh Tarik coz mamak stalls use them so I thought it's more fragrant)
As much water as needed

Preparations
1. Remove label from can.
2. Place can in a large pot.
3. Fill pot with water until covers the entire can or risk explosion.
4. Simmer for 2 hours on high heat.
5. Always check water level and pour more water if it no longer covers the can.
6. To achieve the toffee colour like mine 2 hours is enough but if you want darker colour can boil for 2.5hours.
7. Do not attempt to open can while it is still hot due to pressure. I wanted to let the can cool for at least 3 hours but in the end I set it overnight in fridge and still came out awesome.
7. For my dessert, I just layered a scoop of hazelnut ice cream with slices of bananas topped with cocoa powder and drizzled some dulce de leche. Enjoy!

Second attempt came out more perfectly caramelized. Optical illusion test: is my jar fully circular or squarish with rounded edges? I was asking myself since when did I have a square jar?

Oh and you really gotto make dulce de leche lava cake. Its heavenly. Get recipe from Tasty's YouTube.https://youtu.be/4S7mWOkpLDE

No comments:

Post a Comment

No advertisement and links allowed in comment.