Thursday, October 31, 2019

Top 10 Haunted Hotels I Have Stayed

Happy Halloween!

Muahaha I'm so excited when it comes to paranormal topic. As I was busy finding hotel for my next trip, I did some background check as well then thought how come I never share my haunted hotel list. As my travel experience grew, I always try my best to never book hotels that have some unwanted stories behind. Most haunted hotels were booked in my early days where I don't care as long as there's a place to stay.

1. Hilton Kuala Lumpur
That's not my photo but it's how the old Hilton looks like. I stayed here a few times when I was like 8-11 years old when my dad redeemed from his credit card. I think it has been renovated in 2013. So before renovation the corridor and rooms were dated and creepy. I remember the lights were dim orange and everywhere seemed dark. The first time I was here was also my first visit to KL. I would suddenly feel scared for no reason as we waited the lift. The feeling is as if I was about to die and that was when I knew how "scared to death" feels like. The room has a wooden counter top separating bed from bathroom door and I was so afraid something might pop up when I sleep on the bed. When my parents and I went out for dinner the radio in our car played Simply Red's Fairground and I hated the song coz it gives me eerie vibe. When we were back at Hilton that song kept playing in my head plus the creepy dark room made me feel so disturbed. However I kept this to myself not even telling my parents. After 20 years I would still never ever go back. Oh at one time we stayed at Hilton again coz dad redeems every year and we explored a connecting mall which has not been opened yet. As you enter from Hilton you are already on the top floor of the mall. Imagine an empty mall with no lights and there's a dark hollow next to the walking space. Another scary memory stuck in my head.
 ___________________________________________________________________

2. Genting ...nuff said
I don't have to elaborate a lot about Genting. Whole world knows it's one of the most haunted place in Malaysia. My first stay at Genting Highlands was when I was about 7 or 8 too. That time we stayed at Resorts World coz First World haven't existed yet. The furnishings were all wooden and dated just like Hilton and I could remember the eerie morning fog as I opened the curtains. The bulu roma naik feeling is not as bad as Hilton maybe because I was excited about the theme park. However the indoor theme park gave me chills. As you enter from the entrance (dunno where our bus dropped us) you will be led to the indoor game area with lots of console games. It was so dark and noisy felt like I was in hell. After few years it was renovated with beautiful ceilings and deco and a mall and then the notorious First World was created. I only stayed once at First World with my bf whom now is my husband. Then no more... never return. We also had a huge argument that day. After argue he brought me to Ripley's and at the end of exhibit got a shock by some ghost actors from the haunted mansion next door wtf. Other visits were only for few hours as we stayed in KL, Rawang (with mum) and at one time at Bukit Tinggi which also made it to my haunted list lol.
 ___________________________________________________________________

3. EDC Hotel UUM
Situated in the middle of the jungle with only a winding highway in front. Basically the whole university is haunted trust me....especially my hostel at Bukit Kachi. My husband who was at that time bf would come to visit me at UUM and we would regularly stay at Hotel Sri Garden in Kangar. We would go for seafood at Kuala Perlis or binge on lotsa food esp Ayamas in front of TV. Netflix and Chill yo. Ah miss those fun times. Anyway I recommended him to try EDC hotel as it is just beside my university. That's when the creepiness comes in. He saw a pair of glowing red eyes from the wardrobe when I was showering then it disappeared into the bathroom. He only told me after a long long time to prevent me from freaking out. As midnight approaches, Quran recitals were heard from the speakers at corridor. I am not sure what is the meaning but I know it was soft, calm and soothing. But why is it playing only during midnight? Maybe to keep us safe but from what? I knew about this coz I stayed at EDC before to study for exam. I thought a hotel environment with aircon would be better than my hostel for studying. After 1am I decided I couldn't burn the midnight oil any longer and went to bed with comforter over my head and every light in the room switched on as I got so scared suddenly and kept praying to fall asleep faster. I thought that second visit with my bf would be better but its worse.
 ___________________________________________________________________

4. Grand Continental Kuala Lumpur
This is not my photo as I did not take pictures of the hotel at that time. Somehow the room is similar lah. I stayed here at a huge corner room during Form 4 (16 yrs old) for my school trip. About 3 of us in a room I couldn't remember. I did not really feel the haunting in the room maybe coz I was too exhausted from touring whole day however this hotel is categorized as haunted by lots of travelers.
 ___________________________________________________________________

5. Fraser's Hill Pine Resort
Again I was the one who booked this place for our Fraser's Hill trip. The apartment was damn huge but so cheap. Didnt expect to have 3 bedrooms. When you walk up to your unit also feel geli coz literally no one stays here. I also dare not enter the kitchen which is like another room by its own. No natural lights could enter and the pendaflour light so dim guarantee to make your spine chill. Moreover there's an eerie looking fireplace. Why would you need fireplace in Malaysia? Balcony super huge enough to hold a party and BBQ. At night we just cramped up and had dinner in our bedroom coz u can hear all sorts of insect and other noises.
 ___________________________________________________________________

6. Selesa Resort Bukit Tinggi
As soon as I Google to confirm the name as I had to refresh my memory, the phrase Selesa Hotel berhantu came up. My goodness! Before we went to Fraser's Hill, we checked in to Selesa Hotel as the resorts at Bukit Tinggi was out of budget for us students. It was a scary trip coz we got lost trying to get to Bukit Tinggi not once but 3 times including coming down from Genting and trying to get back to our hotel. The second fail we took it as a blessing coz we get to visit Batu Caves unexpectedly. What we disliked was we had to walk through a dark hall in order to get to our room or to reach the lobby. We couldn't find any switch coz as soon as you enter it was total darkness and I could hear someone following me. We fret and grumbled everytime we had to go through that stupid dark hall. We also wandered around swimming pool area and I remember there was an abandoned looking billiard and table tennis area somewhere behind and also a golf course.
 ___________________________________________________________________

7. Kaohsiung 85 Sky Tower
Went to Taiwan in 2012 with some friends. I find this a cool place to stay. 85 tower is the tallest building in Kaohsiung and also a very weirdly designed building. As you enter the ground floor lobby you must take a lift to the office lobby to take your keys. There are lots of minsu office because the rooms are operated by different companies. It's complicated. The office area lobby is a very high and is a dark hollow because many office units unoccupied. After getting keys we took another lift and begin a journey of never ending maze corridor that takes 10 minutes to reach the room. Room was gorgeous btw and the view was amazing. It has lot of rules that had to be written in paper. You have to transfer lift at certain floor to reach your room. Water pressure is limited so if your room has fourth person might have to wait up to 20 minutes. Going in and out of door at the mid lobby also has timing rules. I believe observatory deck is at 85th floor since its called Kaohsiung 85 but visitors said its empty. Most floors are dark anyway due to unoccupied so when lift suddenly open into one of these floors u can feel the chill.
 ___________________________________________________________________

8. Neighborhood Hotel Jeju
This hotel does not exist anymore. I just checked on every booking website that this hotel is permanently closed and replaced by Best Western. Anyway we stayed here in Jeju during our Korea honeymoon in 2013. The hotel was fine till my hubby woke up and asked me whether did I hear the tapping sound. I said I heard nothing. Then he woke up and asked me again. I really heard nothing but he insisted it didn't come from the door but from the radio at the console table on his side. The radio was never on. Spooky!
 ___________________________________________________________________

9. Emperor Hotel Melaka
I almost forgot the name but I remember it's the tallest hotel in Melaka. This was my second trip to Melaka but first with my bf. My first trip to Melaka was with my mum attending our church camp at Klebang Beach Resort. That resort was ok. But this Emperor Hotel is known for berhantu. Again I was the one who booked this because of budget. 90% of our couple trips are booked and planned by yours truly. Anyway the room was old fashioned with old furniture and fittings and dimly lit. I think it was this hotel where we kept hearing alarm sounds a couple of times from the clock or radio at bedside table but the thing is clock or radio not functioning! So we deliberately pressed buttons and switches on our bedside table. You know some hotels have alot of switches at side table. But no matter how we tried there was still alarm sound. We did not change room coz we never thought it to be scary or disturbing and it went off quickly so we dismissed as malfunction. If it was ringing while we were sleeping for sure had to change room.
 ___________________________________________________________________
 
10. Bukit Merah Laketown Resort
I almost forgot about this one. It was my first vacation with my bf when we were underaged kids back in 2005. That time my dad was very furious about our trip coz I only informed my mum. We were given a room fit for 4-5 people at the ground floor. I don't need to elaborate more. You guys know the stories behind this waterpark. Just google it.

Here is a bonus:


Mutiara Beach Resort
It wasn't known as a haunted hotel back then. I had many childhood memories and this resort is dear to my heart. My dad always bring my mum and I and occasionally my grandma for their lunch buffet. As my memory serves me they had the best buffet in Penang. The variety of cuisine ranging from local hawker, seafood BBQ, Malay, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Italian, Arabic and many more were never ending. The buffet spread up to corridors leading to the escalator! After dining we would stroll along the garden leading up to the beach and pool. There were flamingos and mandarin ducks in the pond. Aww such fond memories. Before it closed it's doors in 2006 due to mismanagement my husband who was my newly accepted bf at that time managed to dine with my parents. So yeah I have nothing bad to say about that hotel except for it is known as probably the largest haunted hotel in Penang.

Another so called haunted hotel I have stayed is Sri Sayang in Penang. That time I stayed with parents and grandma so far nothing extraordinary happened. So do let me know if any of these hotels have a back story like suicide or murder or fire I would like to verify whether if it's just my hallucination. Except Genting coz its confirmed haunted. There are a few hotels in my hometown that's haunted too which I prevented myself from staying. Most famous one is E&O Hotel. Another is Tune Hotel downtown coz I have seen the old building left abandoned for years. And of course tons of heritage hotels around Georgetown la. So lesson learned never to simply book a place to stay without background check when attracted by ridiculously cheap price.

4 comments:

  1. Hi hope you feeling better now. Juan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juan, Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yes I am feeling better since I moved on. Thank you for your concern

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am not a paranormal enthusiast. I prefer comfortable and luxury hotels that has high ratings. Appreciate if you could recommend me some of the most luxurious hotels you ever stayed. Most of the hotels in this list were booked by third parties. Thanks for dropping by my blog

      Delete

No advertisement and links allowed in comment.